VACANCY, Musical Director.
( 05 Aug 2015 - Mike )
The band has a vacancy for the post of
The vacancy is from after the contest at Crawley on 13th September 2015....
Would all interested persons please contact the Band Secretary at
with a short C.V.
All applications will be in the strictest confidence.
( 22 Dec 2014 - Mike )
The band A.G.M. will be held on Wednesday 14th January 2015 at 7.30 in the usual practice hall. If anyone has anything for the meeting please contact a member of committee.
The first rehearsal of 2015 will be on Wednesday 7th of January, usual time and place.
Happy Christmas to everyone.....
( 05 Sep 2014 - Mike )
The Postcode for Sandwich Guildhall is :
( 20 Aug 2014 - Mike )
The Postcode for job on 25th August is CT15 4AN. This is the school next door.
Band Seminar Day.
( 06 Feb 2014 - Mike )
Snowdown Colliery Band invites you to a Seminar Day with Dr. Jon Hall, on the subject of.....
'Nerves - A Professional Approach to Banding'
Saturday 15th February 2014 between 10am and 4pm.
Admission is FREE , refreshments included.
Venue : St. Peter's Church, Aylesham . CT3 3BL.
You are welcome the whole day or part of the day.
Farewell to a friend
( 06 Sep 2013 - Mike )
Members of the band said farewell to Mr.Sid Howells today, by way of playing the hymns at his funeral, at the request of his family.
A sad day, but one full of great memories.Thanks to those who played.
Next 3 Gigs
01 September 2015
Miners Festival, Betteshanger (CT15 4AN)
13 September 2015
Regionals Contest, Gordon Craig Centre, Stevenage SG1 1LZ
20 Aug 2014
- Monday's job postcode is
CT15 4AN.30 May 2012
- Thanks to all those that could make it this morning (Wednesday) , for the French Students who visited the village for their studies into Mining and it's communities. We had a good question and answer time after some playing and they seemed happy with all they heard. 28 May 2012
- New photo added to Band Photo Album of Mick Sole in 1962
.29 Apr 2012
- First outing in the SCABA 2nd section and we got a 5th place (out of 8). Well done band!18 Apr 2012
- Latest Band photo (with 2011 trophies) used as new website header. Also new photos added to the band photo album
.04 Feb 2012
- Congratulations to everyone on gaining promotion to the 2nd section SCABA, after a very succesful year in 2011, winning twice and becoming SCABA "Band of the Year".
How many trumpet players does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five. One to handle the bulb and four to tell him how much better they could have done it.