New Musical Director.
( 28 Sep 2015 - Mike )
The band would like to welcome Mr. Keith Twyman as it's new Musical Director.
After taking the band at short notice throughout the summer engagements and including the SCABA Contest in September, Keith has accepted the role full time.
It brings together one of the most successful partnerships in the bands recent history.
We wish Keith well in his new role and hope for more success, after achieving our first silverware for sometime earlier this month , under his direction.
The band would also like to thank all other people who showed an interest in the vacancy.
3rd at Crawley
( 13 Sep 2015 - Bandroom )
The Band returned to prize-winning ways today after securing a 2nd and two 3rd placings in the SCABA Contest at The Hawth. the placing's were in the Hymn Tune , March and Test Piece .
The band would like to say a BIG thank you to Keith Twyman for stepping in as MD ,and for his hard work, and patience with the band over a short period of time.
VACANCY, Musical Director.
( 05 Aug 2015 - Mike )
The band has a vacancy for the post of
The vacancy is from after the contest at Crawley on 13th September 2015....
Would all interested persons please contact the Band Secretary at
with a short C.V.
All applications will be in the strictest confidence.
( 22 Dec 2014 - Mike )
The band A.G.M. will be held on Wednesday 14th January 2015 at 7.30 in the usual practice hall. If anyone has anything for the meeting please contact a member of committee.
The first rehearsal of 2015 will be on Wednesday 7th of January, usual time and place.
Happy Christmas to everyone.....
( 05 Sep 2014 - Mike )
The Postcode for Sandwich Guildhall is :
( 20 Aug 2014 - Mike )
The Postcode for job on 25th August is CT15 4AN. This is the school next door.
Next 3 Gigs
05 December 2015
05 December 2015
06 December 2015
Elham village carols
20 Aug 2014
- Monday's job postcode is
CT15 4AN.30 May 2012
- Thanks to all those that could make it this morning (Wednesday) , for the French Students who visited the village for their studies into Mining and it's communities. We had a good question and answer time after some playing and they seemed happy with all they heard. 28 May 2012
- New photo added to Band Photo Album of Mick Sole in 1962
.29 Apr 2012
- First outing in the SCABA 2nd section and we got a 5th place (out of 8). Well done band!18 Apr 2012
- Latest Band photo (with 2011 trophies) used as new website header. Also new photos added to the band photo album
.04 Feb 2012
- Congratulations to everyone on gaining promotion to the 2nd section SCABA, after a very succesful year in 2011, winning twice and becoming SCABA "Band of the Year".
What do you call a lead trumpet player with half a brain?